In Your Language
On this page, you will find translated materials as well as information about how to support the mission of the Metta Center through translation support.
Give Nonviolence a Language Boost
Many tell us that translations of our materials into their maternal languages would be immensely helpful. We agree!
In the immediate, we would most like to see our work translated into French, Spanish, Farsi, Arabic, Azeri, Korean. We are always excited to have translations in any language. If you would like to translate any of our material into any language, please get in touch.
Style & Protocol Guidelines
1. First, review our website and see if you’re drawn to specific documents or web pages that you feel would be valuable to a contemporary nonviolent struggle. Then, contact us about your translating interests. Please introduce yourself and include information about your background in translation and a timeframe for your project. If you would like recommendations for short translation projects, let us know.
2. Select material particularly relevant to you. How will it create impact in your community?
3. If you translate a webpage, we will post a link to your translated page on the original page. Consider how you will share the material once it has been translated: What will you do with the translation? Could you distribute the material to any organizations? Whom might it help?
4. When translating, please stay as close as possible to the original while maintaining the spirit of the text. Be particularly careful with terminology. When in doubt, email us. We are always happy to talk through the deeper meaning of a term to help you identify the best translation.
5. Our strong preference is that you have at least one person who is a native speaker of the language of the translation look over your work in an editorial capacity. We are able to edit material sent to us in English, and we cannot check translation other than those in German or French. Ask questions to make sure the meaning and spirit of the text have come through in translation.
Farsi Resources: Animations
The Search for a Nonviolent Future:
Principles of Nonviolence (Wallet Card):