A New Story of the Economy
Real prosperity revolves around the sanctity of life.
The economy is much more than a series of transactions: It’s about our relationships, who and what we think we are, and our view on the meaning of life itself. Our current global economy leaves too many of us struggling, and it is harming Earth’s ecosystems.
When we change the story of ourselves from consumers to full human beings in relationship to all of life, how does our economy change?
Our 3-minute video “A New Story of the Economy” presents a different approach to meeting our human needs while protecting the climate (Here’s the transcript).
Further Resources & Study
“A New Story of Economy” highlights some ways that people are experimenting with economic models that support people and respect all of life. We’ve listed those experiments on this PDF, which includes additional learning resources and a set of practices to help you take action.
Here are a few more ways to take action:
- Spread the word about “A New Story of Economy”: share the video link with others
- For background on the New Story, see our video “A New Story of Us“
- Learn more: guide yourself through our Self-Study course
- Stay inspired and informed: sign up for our bi-weekly newsletter, read Nonviolence Magazine, and get the latest nonviolence news with our Nonviolence Radio show
- Support our work: Make a donation